THE MANIFESTO OF TURBO REALISM (June 2010)
1. Turbo Realism is the only real art movement of the 21st century.
2. Art is a weapon and the weapons can change the world.
3. All other art is unnecessary and outdated.
4. All other artists are selling used cars. Turbo Realism sells car bombs and we are going to have our bombs in every museum and every bank.
5. Turbo Realism is against your regime and its ass-lickers.
6. Turbo Realism is against the globalized capitalism and all other capitalisms.
7. Turbo Realism shows the mechanisms and meanings of the capitalism with a mocking verisimilitude.
8. After seeing Turbo Realism you can't go home. You can't go to a hypermarket. There is no way back.
9. Turbo Realism will be against the post-capitalism, and we will be the first artists interned in its camps.
10. We will be smashed but you can't kill our turbo boosted ideas.
APPENDIX (March 2011)
Turbo Realism is the movement, the program and the strategy of the Turbo Realist Cells. It demands the truthful and concrete representation of reality in its neoliberal development. Moreover, the truthfulness and the concreteness of the artistic representation of reality must be linked with the task of ideological confusion and miseducation of consumers in the spirit of crypto-capitalism. The supreme council of the Turbo Realist Cells has laid down four basic rules for Turbo Realist art, that must be:
1. Relevant to the consumers and understandable to them.
2. Boring representation of everyday consumer goods and their branded mascots.
3. Distorted in the representational sense.
4. Supportive of the aims of the crypto-capitalism.
STRATEGY OF TURBO REALISM (October 2012)
A strategy is a plan of action designed to achieve a specific goal. The goal of Turbo Realism is to support the revolutionary forces in the society to establish a global socialist dictatorship. The operational objective is to make audiences aware of the disasters of the capitalism and create revolutionary atmosphere. The tactic is to influence the audiences of art, above all, the intellectuals and the upper class. Turbo Realism attempts to gain a position of advantage over the adversaries exploiting the context of art and its institutions.
Turbo Realism is a powerful revolutionary weapon and the art is an important fighting front. Turbo Realism perturbs the ground ideologically before the revolution takes over.
There is in fact no such thing as art for art's sake, art that is detached from or independent of politics. All political leaders want to be photographed next to a flower painting, thus it is political art. Turbo Realism is not a flower painting. Nobody wants to be photographed next to Turbo Realism.
MANUAL FOR THE TURBO REALIST CELLS (November 2012)
Turbo Realism was born to fight Turbo-capitalism. A coup of art consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the art and cultural apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder. Achieve fame and notoriety in the art world. Get famous and rich or die trying.
Remember that art is neither a dinner party nor a bed of roses. It is a struggle to the death between the future and the past, socialism and capitalism.
No politics but provocation.
No protest but making the enemy visible.
No propaganda but confusing messages.
No arguments but hyperboles.
Make sure that the art and the attitude are always conceptually and aesthetically on the highest level. Turbo Realistic art must be irreverent, excessive, controversial, incorrect, irritating, ironic, bad behaving, playful - and beautiful or ugly.
THREE LESSONS LEARNED FROM SUN TZU (November 2012)
Turbo Realistic art is based on deception. Hence, when we are fighting against the enemy, we must seem defending it; when we are doing propaganda, we must appear neutral; when we are protesting, we must make the enemy believe we are inactive or preoccupied with aesthetics. Art is a beautiful undercover operation. This is the art of war and the war of art.
General Sun Tzu wrote: Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Protest in art is protest without protest. Political and critical art is a context totally domesticated by the authorities. Therefore the Turbo Realistic strategy must be subtle and cryptic because the direct protest in art is like alcohol-free beer in Saudi Arabia.
Speed is the essence of Turbo Realism. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike it where it has taken no precautions.
POST TURBO REALISM
Building a new world, when the revolution is completed, is not the responsibility of Turbo Realists. That is a responsibility of philosophers and poets. In a perfect socialist dictatorship based on equality, justice and freedom, Turbo Realistic art is unnecessary. Our nature is the dissidence. We are perpetual dissidents. When our work is concluded, we will be liquidated.
Great artists don’t create – they destroy.